Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wow!


Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I still cant get used to this whole anything-is-acceptable view of sexuality nowadays. So here I am looking up some stuff on Google, and I run across someone's obituary, a 25 year old man; and among the loved ones he leaves behind is his husband (??!!) Maybe I'm a little slow here, but...since when do men have husbands? I had to keep reading it over and over just to make sure I was understanding it right. Couldnt help but shake my head and say "Wow"! Just another sign of our changing times.

http://www.cranstonherald.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=165&Itemid=166

Wed, Feb 15 06
Justin A. (Plass) Paolino, 25, of Deerfield Road, died unexpectedly February 5, 2006 at home. He was the beloved husband of Rick Paolino. Born in Poughkeepsie, NY, he was a son of Tina G. Plass of West Warwick.
Justin was a bus monitor for the West Warwick School Department for eight years.
Besides his husband he is survived by four brothers, Darien Plass, Stephen Smith, Joseph Plass and Stephen Plass, all of West Warwick; a sister, Sabrina Plass of West Warwick; and two very special children, David Michael Bolton and Mickey James Wright.
His funeral was held Feb. 11 from Urquhart-Murphy Funeral Home, 800 Greenwich Ave., Warwick (Exit 12A on I-95), with a service in Seekonk Congregational Church, 600 Fall River Ave., Route 114A, Seekonk, MA.

No comments: