Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ryan vs Obama: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spending


OK folks, turn your speakers up, and please listen to the video above, if you haven seen/heard it before.

Its videos like this that make me like Paul Ryan.  To me, Ryan is more honest about the real budget numbers than any politician in recent memory. He recognizes that America is headed over a financial cliff, and knows that difficult choices (i.e. cuts) have to be made to prevent American from even more dire financial problems down the road.

Some of the budget cuts he proposes are unpopular, and cause his enemies to vilify him (such as those liars who say he wants to "end Medicaid"). Look for more such lies and distortions from his political enemies between now and November. But Ryan is one of the few who's willing to be honest enough with America to tell us all what we need to hear about the budget numbers and the gloomy picture ahead of us if we continue down this path. His forthrightness on this issue is refreshing, although I do wonder if the American people really want to hear the uncomfortable truth, as much as we might say we do.

Time will tell. But I do like the pick for sure. Ryan is no Sarah Palin. He's no Dan Quayle, and his enemies know that... which I think makes them a bit nervous.  He's a solid pick, one who has no problem going head-to-head with Obama himself (as seen in the video above).

Frankly, the Romney vs Obama debate will be interesting, but what I'm really looking forward to is the Ryan vs Biden debate. Somehow I have the feeling Biden is going to have his head handed to him when that debate comes along. I'll definitely have my popcorn ready. 

No comments: